Monthly Archives: July 2010
It’s Friday, time for the Friday Foto Contest. Guess where that is in Flint, you can name the cross streets, or the place.
Send your guess to firstname.lastname@example.org, don’t submit it in the comment section, to keep it fair, the first person to guess correctly will win a fabulous Flint Club T-shirt.
The winner will be announced on Monday during our Monday Mash-Up.
It is Thursday, time for the Thursday Three-For-All, or three things you maybe know about Flint. Did you know…
1. That Flint is 34.1 square miles
2. The Fitzpatricks was a CBS TV drama that ran in 1978-1979, about a working class family living in Flint, MI.
3. There was once a football team in Flint named the Flint Sabres, who were part of the Super Football League.
Now you are armed with three random facts to amaze your friends with this week.
Here are a few things that are happening in the Flint area this weekend, July 30th-August 1st. It’s August already? Time to start planning for back-to-school, speaking of that…
- The Salvation Army annual Stuff the Bus with School Stuff, school supply drive is this Friday, July 30th, at the Al Serra Auto Plaza in Grand Blanc Township from 5am to 6pm. This will help struggling Genesee County families with school supplies for the upcoming school year.
- West Flint Church of the Nazarene is having a Community Car Cruise and Family Fun Festival from 4pm to 8pm on July 31st. Free admission. More info can be found at www.nexuslife.org/go/carcruise
- The Clio Festival of Fine Arts is July 31st from 9am-5pm at the corner of Vienna and Mill Rd.
- Friends of the Burton Library are having a book sale July 31st begining at 9am.
- For Mar on the Road will be at Bluebell Beach this Friday, July 30th from 2pm-3pm presenting Life in the Big Pond. Free Admission!
- Flint City Handmade will be at the Lunch Studio in downtown Flint this Sunday, August 1st from 12pm-3pm for the Craft Supply Swap.
- Stop the Violence Rally is this Saturday, July 31st in downtown Flint. It is an all day event begining at 10am and ending around 10pm. There will be a wealth of speakers, dancers, music, and poetry reading.
- Flint Folk Music Festival is this weekend, July 30th from 6pm-9pm and July 31st from 1pm -9pm at Kearsley Park. Free Admission!
So that is what’s up this weekend.
If you know of an event happening next weekend let us know email@example.com so we can include it next week for What’s Up Wednesday.
And welcome to the Flint Club blog. Your source for all things Flint-centric. Coming soon will be information about the great happenings here in Flint, some contests to win free stuff, guest bloggers, and a whole lot more. So you might as well subscribe now so you can stay up to date on what is happening in town!